Time To Hum Again!

Geo

What a fascinating movement - there for all to see. As you say, a tad Bovril'ish! I think it's very clever and great to look at - not quite sure whether I'd buy one, but wouldn't mind being given one...

There cannot be too many working Bulova Accutrons around these days,  so well worth keeping.

Should you be interested there is a chapter on the Accutron in Donald de Carle's FBHI book "Practical watch repairing" with lots of information about them.

Roger, thanks for the heads up regarding the book "Practical Watch Repairing", I really appreciate it.

As I said in an earlier post regarding an F300, there is no way I am going to tackle this type of movement. As the proverbial the words say, "A man's got to know his limitations"!

• 2 months later...

A watch that sings to you has a soul and must be special - alright a bit OTT but the old Accutrons are really good looking with many and varied dials and shapes. I brought back a 214 from LA with a mind to conversion to spaceview - we shall see if I can get it to work first.