Getting off the 7S26 caliber from the SKX and reseating it.

Hi,
I have seen a video that explain how to pull down the crown + stem from the 7S26 caliber,
and this part is ok.

But once removed the crown+stem, how can I remove the caliber from the case?
And how can I reseat the caliber in the case? Is there some guidance that help me reseating the caliber at the correct position?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, clockboy said:

There are no case screws etc so once the stem is removed the movement should drop out (using a case cushion).

hi, thanks for the answer.

how can I reinsert the caliber in correct position? 
can I create a misalignment with the dial indexes and the chapter ring while reinserting the caliber?

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

See Marks latest Vid all is explained & shown.

Hi have seen this video but the part where he remove the caliber is not clear, should I slam the watch to pull of the caliber?
there is no video where he re-insert the movement into the case.

It should just drop out unless the plastic case ring is holding it in place. And it should then realign itself when you re-insert the stem and crown.

27 minutes ago, Cad101 said:

It should just drop out unless the plastic case ring is holding it in place. And it should then realign itself when you re-insert the stem and crown.

is the stem so precise to realign the dial precisely in order to not create misalignment with the chapter ring?

Hi sblantipodi,

The stem should be sufficient to align the whole movement/dial in the case.

On some watches the chapter ring (inner bezel or rehaut) is keyed so that it stays in place, some Seikos have it but I don't think the 7S26 diver has this.. The chapter ring 'floats' between the crystal and case, you can move it by using a sharp tool on the back of it.

The plastic movement ring is a bit of a tight fit so you may need to grip it with a pair of stout tweezers, start with the area opposite the crown as the case tube may protrude a bit. Similarly, when installing, it may be necessary to observe that no clearance issue with the crown tube exists.

rgds

Anil

Actually guys, you carefully grab the rotor as close to the center as possible and taking care not to scratch or otherwise disturb any other part of the watch (read balance wheel/hairspring, etc) and coax gently the movement out of the case once the stem has been previously removed. Do this with, if possible, #2 wide tip tweezers which work better but any other might work.

To insert the movement you have to match the plastic ring opening for the stem with the case tube at a slight angle and "slide" in the movement and then push down on the opposite side of the plastic ring when it sets itself in the case...you'll notice when that happens if you do it right.

Not too much effort should have to be applied in both situations. Hands/dial should not rub the case during this operation.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Bob

On my watch (never removed the glass) I like the fact that chapter ring moves a little if moved from the inside of the case.
This permit me to realign the chapter ring without removing the glass.
If I change the glass to put a red chapter ring, is there the possibility that the glass will crush the chapter ring
at the point that I will not be able to move the chapter ring from the inside of the case?