Seiko diver from 1960 and forward / Ebay

Cheers mats!!

And good sunday for all of you that is on this side of the globe. Im just started this fascinating interest for watch. And especially Seiko diver from 1960 and forward. So I have been on the web and serching for  "the real deal". And on Ebay, I found this seller with the ID = loyswatch, and he has this records for over 1000 positive trades over the 12 month. So Im wounder, if anybody have bought something from him/heard somthing about this guy, and have some comments on this??

Looking good . But if you are looking for an original Seiko you should look elsewhere. All the watches i saw where modified in one way or the other? There are many Seiko as Seiko had a factory in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arkobugg said:

Thanks rogart63, but where to look elsewhere ? Have any good suggestion?

Depends on what you look for? A nice 6309-7040 you could probably find at Ebay or SCWF. A 6309-7290 would be a little cheaper. This is a good example from speedtimer where they say if it's original parts. Nice patina i think? But not all agree on that?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Turtle-Divers-6309-7040-automatic-Serial-nr-510119-/131667489310?hash=item1ea7fe721e:g:vvAAAOSw7FRWYIsQ.  With some new o-rings you could make this watch waterproof again.  If you are looking for a original watch you should look on thewatchsite or wristsushi. There you have some tradingforum .

Edited by rogart63

3 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Depends on what you look for? A nice 6309-7040 you could probably find at Ebay or SCWF. A 6309-7290 would be a little cheaper. This is a good example from speedtimer where they say if it's original parts. Nice patina i think? But not all agree on that?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Turtle-Divers-6309-7040-automatic-Serial-nr-510119-/131667489310?hash=item1ea7fe721e:g:vvAAAOSw7FRWYIsQ.  With some new o-rings you could make this watch waterproof again.  If you are looking for a original watch you should look on thewatchsite or wristsushi. There you have some tradingforum .

My first choice is a Seiko 6105-8110 or 6105-8119

3 hours ago, dadistic said:

ID = thewatchcollector. 

Most of his stuff is AS-IS and will require some work to get running.

Loy does not have a good reputation among collectors.

Tried to searche on Ebay after thewatchcollector, but didt find any, could you send me  a link..