Just bought myself an old vacuum tester for at home!

Tiktok

Thought it would make nice little project, changing the seals and such like if it's not working, I would think there won't be much to it inside and with it all being mechanical rather than electric it should be easy to get my head around sorting it out.

I might even try and rig it upto an electric compressor  to get a vacuum working off a switch. Not sure what would be involved in doing that until I have a good look at but if nothing else it gives me a shell to work on.

The Rolex 1050 vacuum wet test I use at work goes to the same -.9 bar this one is rated to and the Rolex ones are over £4000 on eBay.

1 hour ago, Geo said:

£3800 of that is for the name!

Your probably not wrong there!

Seriously though, I have struggled to find a wet vacuum tester for a while, plenty of cheap pressure testers around for the £200 mark but they only go upto 6 bar which is no good for 100m watches. From experience a wet vacuum test to -0.9 barwill nearly always show where the leak is after a watch has failed in the dry tester at either 10 bar pressure or -0.9 vacuum, so given the choice for one machine at home the wet vacuum test should be an accurate test and will also show where it is leaking, presuming I can get this old machine working properly.

If it is knackered I could always remove the omega badge and paint a Rolex badge on it and stick it back on eBay half price at £2000!!