Dates Do Not Change Smoothly Between 25 And 30 Of Each Month (Asian 2836)

Hi folks and pros

I have an Asian 2836 movement watch and recently the below mentioned issue surfaces.

The watch is working perfectly. But when I rotate the Crown on date set position, the date changes well, except between the 25 and 30.

During these dates, I need to rotate the Crown anti clockwise and close wise a few times for the date to change.

It does not seem to me that the date wheel is rubbing on anything and I suspect that it is one of the following :

1) the gear teeth on the date wheel is spoilt between the 25 and 30?

2) more lubrication is needed on the date skipping double?

Kindly advise please.

Thanks

More things to come.

You will need to strip the dial side to see what the issue is. If it is always between specific dates it might be damage to the date ring teeth at the area. But the strip down is the only way to investigate & fix.

Could be a bit of grit stuck under the calendar ring or could be a dodgy calendar ring but you know where to look.

If you can't see anything obvious then slightly loosen the screws of the retaining clamps and see if that fixes it. If it does then you need to see why (is the calendar disk warped? Is one of the teeth bent? Is the groove under any of the clamps poorly finished?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a bit of grit stuck under the calendar ring or could be a dodgy calendar ring but you know where to look.

If you can't see anything obvious then slightly loosen the screws of the retaining clamps and see if that fixes it. If it does then you need to see why (is the calendar disk warped? Is one of the teeth bent? Is the groove under any of the clamps poorly finished?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Will try. :)

More things to come.

I am working on 2836 as well. Is there a video that shows how the calendar/day rings work? I tried to 'work' the date change without the rings but, since there was nothing there to change...

I'm thinking a video with transparent rings might be able to show how it works.

I'm always amazed how all those small parts work together and that there is nothing there that shouldn't be there; no room anyway.

Dave