Crown And Stem Falling Out Of Omega 565

Hello all, I recently acquired a "vintage" Omega  from ebay, and I am looking for advice as to the best way to repair it.

This watch is an Omega Geneve Automatic from probably 67-70 (based on the serial and case Ref#). The movement is a 565, and this is where the issue lies. When the watch arrived I discovered that the crown and stem are not secured, but they just slid right out when I went to adjust the date!

The watch was running when I got it, and I can put the crown/stem back in and wind the mechanism, but it doesn't seem to catch to adjust the hands or the date. (I was able to adjust the hands once right when I got it, but when I picked the watch up an hour later the issue presented itself).

My question then is twofold. I would obviously like the watch repaired, but I am interested in learning more about mechanical movements and teaching myself how to do basic to intermediate repair/cleaning.

Based on the issue I have described,

1-is this problem a relatively straightforward watch related repair? and

2-does anyone think that I would be able to fix this issue myself (after careful study)?

I am a biologist so I am used to working with my hands and am very familiar with learning new techniques etc.

I haven't been able to find any good guides for this specific issue online, and this forum seemed like it had a wealth of knowledgeable people who may be able to point me in the correct direction.

Thank you for your time, I have attached pictures that I believe illustrate the issue.

post-1846-0-29630000-1456159115_thumb.jp

post-1846-0-46500600-1456159118_thumb.jp

post-1846-0-55122500-1456159119_thumb.jp

Here is what you have under the movement. It sounds as if the notch on the bolt has broken and will need replacing. I have know in the past sometimes very hard dirt can get under the bolt and it fails to seat properly to the movement which can also cause the stem to come out. Looking at your stem it looks ok.

post-1154-0-90113500-1456161448_thumb.jp

This is a fairly common problem for omega as the clutch wheel has slipping due to the set lever screw, or in this case, set lever pin being pushed too hard.

For me this is an easy fix, as long as the setting lever hasn't been broken.

All you need to do is take the dial off, remove setting lever, reset the clutch wheel so it's between the setting lever's lever and put it all back together again.