Good Rolex Submariner Bezel Insert?

Endeavor

Dear All;

Looking for an address where the sell good generic Rolex Submariner Bi-metal 16613 Bezel-inserts?

I bought by CousinsUK the correct insert and on their website picture it looked identical. However what I received was a very poor imitation (on the left) of the real insert (to the right).

post-1663-0-32752900-1455691131_thumb.jp

The numbers were very (screaming) gold-colored, nearly orange and instead of a "pearl" it just had a drop of luminous(?) material in a "gold" setting, not even spherical but bowl shaped. On the watch it looks completely "off" and cheap.

From the original insert, the numbers are nearly silver, with a gold-glow shining through them and obviously it has the "pearl".

It is very hard to see on pictures, also on eBay, how the real colors look like and they may be all the same as what CousinsUK sells? CousinsUK didn't want to take it back as they supplied the correct order number; for them this was case closed.

If all generic / imitations are that poor, I guess the (scratched and broken "pearl") original goes back in.

Hope somebody has had better experiences and knows a better address? Hope to hear.......

Regards: Roland.

Edited by Endeavor

Thanks CB. I wrote to them before, for the bracelet tubes / bushings.........I think you told me at that time that they were slow.......so far, I had no reply, which confirms your remark........

Original Rolex bezel-insert may be expensive, and if they are, the old one suddenly becomes "not that bad" and more attractive for re-use ;-)

Edited by Endeavor

I had a look and the one they sell (generic), seems pretty much alike the CousinsUK one;

http://www.uhren-roemer.de/Uhrenersatzteile-nach-Marken/Rolex-Tudor-Uhrenersatzteile/Uhrenluenetten-Uhrenzubehoer/Einlage-fuer-Index-Luenette-passend-auch-fuer-Uhren-der-Marke-Rolex-Ref-Nr-1680-8.html?listtype=search&searchparam=L%C3%BCnette

The same "orange" gold numbers, price is higher though.

Something I don't understand; that if you go through all the effort & extend to machine and curve an insert to the exact same dimensions & specifications, copy the numbers and spacings, how hard can it be to get the color (nearly) identical or make a decent spherical (fake) Oyster pearl? Absolutely beats me ........... !?

Thanks again for the tip CB ;)

Edited by Endeavor

Hi Roland,

Sorry about the bezel, I would have thought the same but then I remembered that even colors are "copywrited" by companies. The Motorola blue in their logo is, if I remember correctly from many years back when I worked for them. So I wouldn't be surprised some of the things we tend to give for granted -- like in this case color -- are not possible to "imitate" because of lawyers and such! Big money I guess.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks rogart63 for the tip!

If I look at the prices and the condition some of these bezel-inserts are in, suddenly my bezel-insert looks like brand new!

Decision is taken; the original, now in absolutely pristine & immaculate condition insert goes back in !!

Thank you of making me aware! (Completely "out of this world" these prices though...... !)

Bob; You could have a very valid point there. On the other hand, logic says that these are made by our Chinese friends. As I understand they aren't very impressed by our western copy rights. There is hardly anything from the big brands which isn't copied till in the finest details. To sue them, you have to be in China. Didn't they copied a complete Mercedes, branded differently and sold in China. Mercedes sued them, and even thought they apparently were exact copies, the Chinese Judge didn't think so........and that was the end of that for Mercedes....... ;)

All the authorities over here can do is to prohibit sales, but the market would get flooded via eBay, Aliexpress and alike.

But indeed, something doesn't make sense.......