My Wristwatch Collection (Most)

WillFly

I thought I'd take the opportunity, as it's Saturday afternoon here, to wind and check my wristwatches. And then I decided to photograph them as a collection. And then I thought, "Why not post them on the Forum?" So here they are. Not all of them as some are in the process of being fettled at the moment. To come: An Omega and a Longines - the latter currently being sorted out by Mark. There's also my Hong Kong 6497 "kit" to come - and a couple of Seiko 5s made up from 3 originals which I shall probably sell on. My Hamilton Khaki isn't in the case - too big and I wear it most days - and my Seiko Solar always sits outside the case so it can charge! Anyway, I hope there might be a few things to interest you...

Collection.JPG

01-02.JPG

09-10.JPG

11-12.JPG

13-14.JPG

Nice collection Will, there are a few I would be more than happy to have in my collection.

There's something very special regarding these old time pieces..........beautiful engineering. It's such a shame that it is hidden in a case most of the time. I personally feel that the majority of vintage medium to high end watches are better made than a good number of new ones. I'll keep quite on the models 'cause I don't want to start an argument.

How long has it taken to put together?

Well, I suppose 3 or 4 years - because I started off, many years ago, as a collector of pocket watches (pic to come!). I've also bought and sold quite a lot over those 3-4 years, so the collection is how it stands at the moment...

Forgot to add, Geo, to my mind the under-rated watches in my collection are the Roamers. The older models have excellent movements - as good as the older Omegas, in my (partial!) view. Having said that, I've noticed that Roamers which I could once have snatched up for about £30 on eBay are now going for much more than - so perhaps others have twigged their quality!

• Like 1