Citizen Eco Drive 8700

robsy

Hi wondering if ive killed my watch, decided to change the battery in an old Marc Ecko watch I have but due to my own stupidity and lack of attention I picked up the wrong watch and ended up taking the capacitor out of my Citizen Eco drive calibre 8700.  The capacitor had a small clip on top which I cannot seem to get back in place. Needless to say the watch seems dead. Does anyone have any advice or pictures to help me out? Or is my only option sending it off for repair.

Thanks

Paul.

I am New to the site and hardly an Authority, but I do know that the Capacitor only fits correctly in one position, which may hinder your ability to replace the clip which secures the Capacitor. There are 2 contact points under the cap which have to align with the contact points on the capacitor. There are Youtube videos which outline this and I have replaced one of the capacitors successfully. Best of Luck 

Welcome to the forum both of you. Robsy you have come to the right place to ask for help, and Killum, thank you for starting in the right spirit by offering assistance.

Can I ask that when at all possible post pictures if you require assistance as it helps others see exactly what's going on. :)

• Like 1

Update:

So after examining the capacitor I realised its not like any that I have seen online or on youtube, it has no contacts it just looks like a normal watch battery. So I decided to take it to a local branch of Timpsons.  The guy there was very helpful and when he popped his eyeglass in he could see that the clip on top of the capacitor has to hook under two very specific points. So that done I just need to leave it under a good lightsource for a day to see if its working or not.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Paul

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, StanZ said:

Can anyone tell the Lithium Capacitor identification or number plus from whom can I purchase for my Citizen Eco drive watch 8700. Stan

You need to post a clear picture of your watch caseback and module  (caseback removed) to identify it. Be advised that depending on the module the rechargeable battery replacement can be above the skill and tools level of an owner, in that case you will need to bring it to a repair shop.