Here's A Really Strange Watch

ramrod

Aloha Timothy ,   I'll offer my opinion .

First off , make sure all of the battery contacts are clean . Make sure the battery is in positive side up , and not negative like the Accutrons . Examine the parts well and clean them with an eraser , or I have used contact cleaner sprayed on a small brush  and used it on the battery contact points . I would very carefully remove the balance and see where the contact points are on that . I know that the Timex electrics have a very small finger that the tip of ends near a pallet fork type of part under the balance . At this point I would not rush into making adjustments , but making observations . I see gears on the pic posted by gryf , so I would first see if gently using a pegwood stick and tickling the gears if the watch tries to go . If so I would  remove the train , clean the gears , re-lube and assemble . The jewels on the Accutron gears are capped so they can't be lubed without taking off the bridge . If you service the gears , one or two will probably try to stick to the bridge and if not careful , when you remove it the gears will come out and not give you a chance to see the stacking order of the gears and leave you guessing how they re-assemble . That happened to me on an Accutron . 

Take pics on all of your steps .  I have failed to do that in the past and have had a brain fart on trying to remember the order of re-assembly .  

Take small steps as you go because it probably is something simple  , like old sticky oil or a bit of oxidation on a battery part .

I know there are videos on Youtube on using a voltmeter to test your circuits on quartz watches and they may be useful to watch . Also getting info on the Timex forum dealing with electric watches . Install the battery and using a voltmeter , test parts of the circuit on the watch and see if you can see a pattern of how the balance coil or field get the positive and negative applied .

Edited by ricardopalamino