Help With Omega Seamaster 565

As above it really should have a service. You also need to know if the watch is in beat,how the watch is performing or is it just a case of adjusting the regulator, You will need a timographer to perform these tasks.

If you have not repaired or serviced watches before I recommend to have a watch repairer look at the watch.

• Like 1

Hello Mike,

That's a very fine watch and as said above most likely needs a service,  this needs to be done by a very skilled technician,  a great deal of damage can easily be done in the wrong hands.  The obvious solution would be an authorised Omega repair shop but that will not be cheap,  with such a fine watch any DIY attempt could end in disaster,  not worth the risk.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

As most of the others have mentioned.. this is a fine watch and really requires a proper service.

However I noticed that the regulator is set at  "fast"  where it really should be in the middle of the scale. 1 minute a day is well within the correction of the regulator and by bringing this back to the middle you should see some improvement.

Look at the balance cock, see that curvy bit of metal? the tail of that piece is pressing on the regulator adjuster. You need to screw in the screw that fits sideways (to the left of the 2 screws which hold the curvy metal bit) bit by bit so that it moves towards the centre of the scale.  Don't try to get the regulator into the centre of the scale in one go. screw a bit (half-turn) and use the watch for a few days to see how it works out. then adjust again if neccessary.

Caution : be very careful !! It is easy for the screwdriver to slip and this will damage the hairspring!!!

Anil

• Like 1

Friends! I have just done what you recommended and my beautiful watch is running correctly now, Thanks very much. I bought this beautiful piece in a flea market in Mexico City for around 200 dlls.

That's great news. The 565 is one of my favourite Omega movements, a truly classic automatic design.

Now back to my original question.

When was it last serviced?

Hello everyone. Actually the calibre on the picture is not my watch, I downloaded from Internet but it's the same calibre. My camera is not working now, that's why I couldn't send my pictures but I'll do it on the weekend. The seller I bought it from said that it was serviced recently but I am not sure. In mexico city we have an area where you can have everything related to watches, it's downtown, there are dozens of watchmakers but most of them not really good. I'll try to contact a good one to check and serviced if necessary. But for now it's running smoothly and I think I bought it for a reasonable price. 

Greetings to all.

Hi Mike,

My comments were based on the fact that the picture you posted was your actual watch..hence my comment on the regulator being to one side and how getting back in center should cause no harm.

If your watch regulator was already centered and you had to move it to one side then you're still OK but if you're going to wear it every day then a service is required... all the more if it was a flea market seller who told you that it was recently serviced!!

Anil

Edited by anilv

thanks for comments, all you people here are very nice!

We like to think so.  

This is a nice watch and parts (by the end of this year) will no longer be available to the general trade so any damaged parts will be expensive. Therrefore have it serviced by a good competent watch repairer. 

Friends! I have just done what you recommended and my beautiful watch is running correctly now, Thanks very much. I bought this beautiful piece in a flea market in Mexico City for around 200 dlls.

Hi Mikemendoza, would you mind telling more about that downtown area in Mexico City, more precisely the address? My brother lives there and I could tell him to take a look

Well George, If your brother would like to go with me, I can introduce the area and the different watchmakers to him if he wants. The area is near the Cathedral downtown mexico City.This is my phone number in Mexico City 554766-08-88. I also can show him the different flea markets that we have in Mexico City where he could buy many vintage and new watches for reasonable prices.