Raymond All Shook Up !

Someone brought this Raymond Weil for me to look at a while ago.

The day indicator needle was off and the dial had turned 90 degrees, the owner had worn it to work where it had suffered some heavy shocks. When I opened it I found the small arbor holding the needle had been sheared off by the dial turning,

he didn't want to spend any money on it so I just realigned the dial & closed it up.

Shame to see a nice watch ruined !    :(  

post-31-0-72953600-1446847548_thumb.jpg

Watches are only objects after all ,tools . Some people have respect for how , why and by whom they have been built , some don't.May be  We give too much importance to these objects after all. In my line of work (cooking) like in many ,maintaining tools in proper working order is crucial and a pride. 3 things I ve got my eyes on continuously beside my guys  : my food , my tools (knives and utensils), and my watch . Cannot do my job without them. French poet Lamartine wrote these 2 lines on the subjects of loving objects :

" objets inanimes avez vous donc une ame qui s'attache a notre ame et la force d'aimer ? "  

inanimate objects , do you have a soul that attaches our soul and force it to love  ?