Purchased A Seiko Actus 5 On Ebay Cannot Remove The Back

Gary

No problems, happy to help. It is mostly the crystal making it look bad at present, after replacing or re-polishing it and the case it will look like a new watch again I bet. :) I hope you post a picture when it is done.

I also have a Seiko open on my desk at the moment, they refer to the divers style watches as Pepsi Seikos because of the colors of the bezel, however this must be the REAL THING! Not to be confused with the "Coke is the real thing" Coca Cola ad.

This needs a little work of course, epoxy resin to the rescue for this one. 

post-1462-0-42433400-1445550898_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well that is a Pepsi dial! I had a Rolex with the "Pepsi" bezel on a GMT II

Anyone have a catalogue for crystals? I am having a hard time finding one for a 7019-7000? Does the movement matter or any 7000 will work? 

Any direction appreciated!

Is the crystal mineral glass or acrylic? If it is acrylic you can probably polish those marks out of it with some crystal bright or similar product of choice. 

I have a Gold/SS Rolex GMT II with black bezel and dial etc. Bought it new in 2006 I believe but twisted a link on the bracelet when I fell out of my boat onto the driveway and broke my wrist. 

Well that is a Pepsi dial! I had a Rolex with the "Pepsi" bezel on a GMT II

Anyone have a catalogue for crystals? I am having a hard time finding one for a 7019-7000? Does the movement matter or any 7000 will work?

Any direction appreciated!

According to Boley's database the part number is 300T15ANS0.

If that is correct (ie your watch has the correct case back) then......

http://www.urdelar.se/seiko%20300T15ANS0

It shares the crystal with all these too.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=W%5CZiXIdcwH

Edited by ro63rto

Do you have an account already with Borel? They won't open one for amateurs.

Actually, they will, you can buy tools and I think crystals and some other items. But, they have "restricted" items, such as movement parts, that they will only sell to you if you prove your bona fides as a business.

Cheers!

The back is off now! Thank Mk3 ! The dial is in poor shape. I did order a crystal replacement from Borel when ordering the L & R cleaner and rinse for the machine I purchased. I have a donor already for spares and will upload photos of the break down once I get started. 

Thanks again and I will update later!

G