Vintage swiss movement on Aggisy watch

Just getting into this hobby so apologies if I misstep. I got a couple beat up vintage watches from an estate sale I was going to restore but I have been having trouble identifying this movement. Text on dial reads:
Aggisy watch co
seventeen 17 jewels swiss
unadjusted
AXA

On Mikrolisk AXA comes back as Wittenauer but so far haven't been able to identify a Wittenauer movement that looks like this.  I also have found 2-3 other watches that have an identical dial but show a similar but different movement (example 1, example 2)

For how beat up the case was the dial and movement seem to be in shockingly good condition and its humming along at -43s with 262 degrees of amp before servicing.
Any help or pointers for where to look is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PXL_20240403_171036883.jpg

PXL_20240403_182551233.jpg

PXL_20240403_182628123.jpg

PXL_20240403_182642628.jpg

On 4/3/2024 at 12:29 PM, Somatic said:

AXA comes back as Wittenauer

watch identification for newbies is always confusing. The letters are only typically found on US watches or watches destined for the US as that's a import code that only tells you who imported the watch. Does not actually say who made the watch only who imported.

3 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

t's an AS, should be a  number near the symbol. 

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Haha, looked like AS but I had it upside-down. 

the image looks a lot better when it's rotated. But at least we get an image often times people will give us that.

image.png.f72e3bde954919405be3d37dd849c371.png

On 4/3/2024 at 12:29 PM, Somatic said:

Text on dial reads:
Aggisy watch co

usually in watch repair we are looking for watch parts and watch parts we need the identification of who made the watch movements not who is selling the watch. The definition a watchmaker is used rather loosely in the world of watches. In other words you purchase an OEM movement you case it up with your dial and now your watchmaker. But for someone wanting to repair the watch we could care less we want to know who made the movement.

Depending upon when it was manufactured who manufactured OEM movement if we're lucky it's under the balance wheel. Before unlucky there's a other methods to figure this out.