Hello, I am trying to repair an Ingersoll IN1300 watch. I am stumbling at the first hurdle. There seems no obvious release button/screw to remove the crown and stem from the watch. I believe it is a Ingersoll caliber 620 automatic movement.(see attached photo) any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Ingersoll.jpg

Hi Tomh207,
OK I have pulled out the stem and the only thing I see moving is a small lever with a mall stem attached this I can neither press or manipulate in any way. There is a small leave above the stem that appears when the stem is fully inserted but this disappears when I pull out the stem.
I did see a video where the crown was removed from the stem and this enabled the movement to be removed .This seems a little drastic and I am sure there is the correct way but I cannot find it.

Cheers

Andrew

1 hour ago, Angefoh said:

Hi Tomh207,
OK I have pulled out the stem and the only thing I see moving is a small lever with a mall stem attached this I can neither press or manipulate in any way. There is a small leave above the stem that appears when the stem is fully inserted but this disappears when I pull out the stem.
I did see a video where the crown was removed from the stem and this enabled the movement to be removed .This seems a little drastic and I am sure there is the correct way but I cannot find it.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew, this sounds like how seiko’s NH3X movements work, the bit that disappeared when you pulled the stem out is the setting lever. With the stem fully in press on the visible bit with a small screwdriver or tweezers and pull the stem out.

as always with this stuff, minimal force to perform the action 

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Tom,
yes I thought this may be the lever. However as you say minimum force. But this seems ineffective and the lever just pulls away and disappears. I have applied more force than I thought should be applied and still this little lever has no effect and disappears when I try to pull the stem.
Would there be a situation where the crown has to be at a certain position of rotation? I know this sounds over complex for something that should be quite easy.

OK the down side is I am an idiot and my skill set is way below my confidence.

I have managed remove the movement and in an attempt to fix a minor problem trashed the watch by losing a very small cog.
I will go and stand with my dunces hat in the corner.