Retro car clocks

I'm looking for some advice on how to service and get two Jaeger car clock to work again.

The more recent one c.1970 has a small circuit board.  A decade earlier model has a solenoid.  These clocks were from Citroen cars.  I have owned Citroens for 50 years and have maintained them mostly myself, but I haven't tried to mend car clocks before.  Any help to get these clocks working again would be appreciated.  I could post photos if that would help.  Ian, Christchurch, New Zealand

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I just found these. They don't really grab my eye at the moment, but having seen the change in some of the watches on here, before & after, the results have been pretty impressive. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/196382906131?itmmeta=01HXBSJJXDB5J6H916ARJP9PHE&hash=item2db9555713:g:REwAAOSwUNdmOYAZ&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwOAlUO3a1pAUX60Y8gUeXMPriraj5e7rkBNH2EA6cIUH7kb7hzoq6jRmOsYOQazk9R%2FteDESr1e50Asabv2tbJyDM%2FVODtmrAScFS4jPhHdgu6Jvt%2BFuRGBijpTkPl4NiK%2FDGr6qztc1Ujb33Tt6YdaUztOH9R1y9XJbwjH0puPDy8m0ilYcal7Vphcp7d59DLtBliNnbqfxfWhxdia2xMRyHYFHzR0Rg7NqB1z4xQGMZb73MAG4QBiF9FMkrII88Q%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_KuyvnqYw
    • I agree, it's getting harder and harder to find anything that meets the brief other than complete junk, or fake/frankenwatches. I would be in favor of raising the limit so people can continue to enjoy the challenge of resurrecting these low cost watches to their former glory and allowing the watchmaker the ability of practicing new skills without the worry of breaking the bank if all doesn't go to plan. Now all we need to do is settle on a value - maybe base the value on a standard currency so we are all playing by the same rules ($, £, €...?) Unless anyone minds I could start a poll and we could all vote on currency and value... let me know!
    • Same for me, but this is the first time I use the Bestfit. I understand that, for a 17-3/4 caliber, I have to consult page 150, but I can't find any resemblance. Thank you for all your research. I learn a little more each time I use this forum 😀
    • So it works out to nearly $8 per watch for me if I want to get on board. And I can find nothing in Australia that fits inside the the allowance.
    • The overcoil can have a number of forms depending on where the stud is situated in relation to the spring. Here's a pic of the Phillips terminal curves.       The pdf has all the curves in different scales, you can actually print it out and lay the spring over the one you determine you need to help in forming the coil. It's in 4 languages too! PhillipsTerminalCurves.pdf