Hello, 

I am working on a Longines watch which opens through the crystal, as such it has a split stem. The inner stem is in place, biut the outer stem is missing along with the crown. I can figure out getting a longines crown wasily, but finding the right outer stem is a challenge. Based on the current inner part, i need a male outer. I have found outer stems, but i am not sure if the mating part will fit into my inner. 

i have looked on several sites such as ebay, JulesBorel, CasKer, Esslinger and havent found the outer available. 

so 2 questions. 

are the sizes of outer and inner stems standardized enough to buy a generic outer with the right tap for the crown i source?

if not, where can i source either a full split set or just a new outer.?

thanks in advance for any help. 

1 hour ago, mikepilk said:

I assume that as long as the tap is the same, these generic stems from Cousins should fit?

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/female-swiss-made

image.thumb.png.850d6835021dc31ec6997c3a1f8e173d.png

Unless you know the original crown had the Longines symbol on it, I would just buy a generic crown. 

Those are both female, I need the male part for the outer stem to the crown. If the fitting is fairly generic I can source them from the states I suspect. I would love to buy from Cousins as their site is simple to navigate, but the shipping costs are crazy. 

19 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So it is silly me. where have you looked?

As I said in the original post " have looked on several sites such as ebay, JulesBorel, CasKer, Esslinger and haven't found the outer available."  

I do notice that the earlier reply was a search for stem extenders, perhaps searching "outer stem" is my issue. I had suspected outer stem was correct as the inner stem is called just that. 

Thank you for the replies, i did t realize thet were called stem extenders, i thought it was an outer stem as the mates i found were called inner stem. I have now figured out what i need to order, but i need to determine the size I need which should be wasy enough