Comparison video between current bergeon/Seitz and horia tools

I just got this in my feed today and found it interesting though the chances of me buying either are remote. He also does some good examples using either for various tasks that those folks just embarking on jewelling tasks might find useful.

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomh207 said:

I just got this in my feed today and found it interesting though the chances of me buying either are remote. He also does some good examples using either for various tasks that those folks just embarking on jewelling tasks might find useful.

Tom

Tom.

I purchased one of the Chinese units from AliExpress for £60 +VAT. Saved for 7 weeks.

It was as a result of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXNVIAtMouc

Does the same job for me as the Horia.

The video you show does indeed give some good information. Would love to get a copy of the manual.

Update

Found this on ebay. Any member any knowledge? Is this a manual of the jeweller tool or just information about tools?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190785610125?hash=item2c6bb5618d:g:2ZoAAOSwEdxhn1yj&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8CzZBP5bPEYipoIE0k1KFB9uZvXN6O7nOkkDduVCwIJKwb7f9CKnSMil0k%2BFFrI6wk41jBiOhtODNADTldMY7fs7wqBabLIs3k6bxrza7yu84rjU1wahKvH90L8PBShu1geLBCxHUCumAwj23RBW9KEYlYxoaVg4ygRsN7pWbHK4YJ330VeFdsTwGjBmc%2BUa%2BgX9HZsXZfL%2B3vpgLJ0fQjDb3gLL60d1ChxG0nTpQdmjx5QROBiwNmil%2FUuTtDSih5eSgPgxXOMjtLCXbIFRoy9OwXJspejqdZa9yNj0GdTH1boLAzwAjAmFdhPEl7G3og%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR77CiLuyYw

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar, more information
  • Like 1

Ross, I am lucky enough to have got a really old Seitz tool but also looking at the horia clone. I think I would prefer having both though I would see reasons for both. My old Seitz set does need some work but what doesn’t whether you buy bergeon or other from what I see. There will always be a thing of having to fettle stuff, Swiss maybe less than Chinese, then again my time is “free”

Tom

• Like 1