Hey all watch peeps, well happy new year to you all, heres hoping for a wonderful year ahead in the world of watch repair. Great tool and watch finds and even better fixing times to be seen by everyone in our community. I'd like to kick it off with this ingenious device and go ask if anyone has any experience with it. I think its also known by the brand of pivotfix ? . Used in conjunction with a Jacot it burnishes pivots by way of a hardened roller bearing.

Screenshot_20240101-080424_Google.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I use one. They take the ball ache out of using a file and burnisher, although using a Jacot tool on its own is quite cathartic and good to learn the hard way. Best to have two grades of wheel. I use a wheel that is very much the coarseness of a file/burnisher, maybe 1000 to 2000 grit that takes out the scores on the pivot and can shape the pivot flat rather than tapered, and a fine wheel that gives the pivot a good polish.

I bought mine from this guy who makes them at a fraction of the price of a Pivotfix: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225939944659?hash=item349b11f4d3:g:pJoAAOSwExZlTmMs

This one comes with both wheels. Course and fine. It just needs a decent Jacot tool if you already have one. Result!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Yes, I use one. They take the ball ache out of using a file and burnisher, although using a Jacot tool on its own is quite cathartic and good to learn the hard way. Best to have two grades of wheel. I use a wheel that is very much the coarseness of a file/burnisher, maybe 1000 to 2000 grit that takes out the scores on the pivot and can shape the pivot flat rather than tapered, and a fine wheel that gives the pivot a good polish.

I bought mine from this guy who makes them at a fraction of the price of a Pivotfix: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225939944659?hash=item349b11f4d3:g:pJoAAOSwExZlTmMs

This one comes with both wheels. Course and fine. It just needs a decent Jacot tool if you already have one. Result!

Thats really funny Jon, i bought that same one this morning from the same guy in Hungary. 

Screenshot_20240101-191655_eBay.jpg

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Are you pleased with it Jon ?  I was hesitant with it being out of the UK  but i had some xmas money from family so I just went for it. The guy seems fair and accepted an offer i made him, received a message shortly afterwards to say he will post tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Waggy said:

Haha only 2 days into the new year and I'm drooling at a new tool....must resist.........

I'll let you know when it arrives and played with, Jon seems to give it thumbs up. Been practicing my jacot burnishing , its ok , i even added leccy power drive to it and that was real fun 😅

20 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Are you pleased with it Jon ? 

Yes, it does exactly what it meant to do. As long as you set up the Jacot tool so the wheel comes down parallel to the runner it'll work a treat. I bought my orange (rougher cut) wheel from him separately once I'd realised that the smooth wheel that originally came with the tool wasn't going to take out the scratches on the arbors.

It's really well made as well. You won't be disappointed! 

Edited by Jon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Yes, it does exactly what it meant to do. As long as you set up the Jacot tool so the wheel comes down parallel to the runner it'll work a treat. I bought my orange (rougher cut) wheel from him separately once I'd realised that the smooth wheel that originally came with the tool wasn't going to take out the scratches on the arbors.

It's really well made as well. You won't be disappointed! 

Thanks John, thats really good to know, the guy posted it first thing this morning. He must have been asked about the wheels before as they now come with both rough and fine finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Thanks John, thats really good to know, the guy posted it first thing this morning. He must have been asked about the wheels before as they now come with both rough and fine finish.

I have a Pivofix, where you can burnish straight and conical (balance) pivots. I think you can do the same with this, by turn around the wheels.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tore said:

I have a Pivofix, where you can burnish straight and conical (balance) pivots. I think you can do the same with this, by turn around the wheels.

Hi tore thank you,  yes i noticed the wheels have a square edge and a bevelled. Looking forward to it arriving next week. 

Oh well I had to buy one too lol. I've been looking at used Rollifits but they go for pretty high price. This looked like a nice bargain for a new item. I have a jacot tool and know how it operates but I haven't found much info on the Rollifit. Is there a manual available somewhere or tutorial videos or books or something? It is fairly simple machine but I'd like to check things like setup, maintenance and rotating speed. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Malocchio said:

Oh well I had to buy one too lol. I've been looking at used Rollifits but they go for pretty high price. This looked like a nice bargain for a new item. I have a jacot tool and know how it operates but I haven't found much info on the Rollifit. Is there a manual available somewhere or tutorial videos or books or something? It is fairly simple machine but I'd like to check things like setup, maintenance and rotating speed. 

Haha the seller might owe Jon and me some commission then.

• Like 1