I rolled the dice and it came up watch...

antsvensk

Hi all,

Working hard to recoup some of the money I spent on watches during covid lockdowns. Got addicted to buying bulk lots of vintage fixer-uppers. 

Lurking your posts since 2017. No idea why I never signed up before but it became a habit to ignore the 'welcome guest' and save posts and articles in my bookmarks.

I have alot of vintage watches to get through from late 19th century through to around the 1980's. It feels like I never see the same movement twice. Maybe the BF 866 and AS 1077 have popped up the most. The BF is a big gnarly fella but always runs (or merges seamlessly with another BF 866 to run).

Personally I like almost any watch that isn't too heavily adorned. I mostly wear a lovely old Invicta Diver and an Orient Defender (1st version in Gray). But I usually have another watch on a Maruman Flex band ticking away on my right wrist, making sure it's wearable and the timekeeping isn't too rough (haven't got a working timer anymore).

I'm taking the watch repair course at watchfix.com to make sure I haven't missed any basic watch repair and for all the wonderful tips and that smile. Previous to that I have mostly learnt through watching everyone on YouTube and through making big woopsies and then trying hard to not make them again. 

Also I'm 40, 3 kids, live in Newcastle Australia. Long walks on the beach and moonlight.  Favourite colour blue and orange together. Rocky Road and Hip Hop. Reduce, re-use and Recycle.

• Like 2

Thank you for no longer lurking and for a very nice post. From my corner they made it look like the lockdowns were made especially difficult for you baddies down there…I hope you acquired some interesting pieces you’ll be willing to show. The forum kind of runs on visuals, dunnit?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.