Appropriate balance end shake on a dollar pocket watch (pin lever)

I have on my bench this Ingersoll Yankee dollar pocket watch, running. Before I disassembled it, I noticed significant end shake on the balance and figured I would try to address it later. I found that like the many Timex movements I've worked on, it has a screw adjustable on the balance pivot to modify end shake. What is the right amount of end shake for a movement like this with conical pivots? Does it even matter if the thing runs and keeps time? It's obviously not haute horlogerie here.
Screenshotfrom2023-10-2921-20-22.png.5b9ccadb10cbee80aebca65209539b3a.png

When I started on it, the end shake screw was way out. So much that even though the watch runs, the balance would audibly rattle and twang when flipping between dial up and dial down. I have started by bringing the screw in until the balance stops entirely, then backing it out maybe 5 degrees until the balance is freed and resumes ticking. Right now, there is almost no perceptible end shake. The pallet fork also has what feels like a huge amount of end & side shake. The side shake I doubt I can do much for; it's probably just worn. I am not sure if the end shake is adjustable. The lower pivot hole is just milled into the plate. The upper might be a bushing pressed in but I don't have  a jeweling tool.

Screenshotfrom2023-10-2921-20-40.thumb.png.df4f9b97c19cfa335ff8e97d80bcc410.png

Thanks as always!

There should be just enough so the balance is free to work. With this type of balance the pivots get blunt and need to be sharpened so the balance has a good action this is achieved by sharpening the pivots in a watchmakers lathe, a small Arkansas stone and a drop of oil will sharpen the tips. The tips of the balance should always be like a sharpened pencil. You need to look at the two cups the balance sit in as these can wear and any wear in side needs to be removed this can be done with a small counter sink tool.  

The pivots are a bit blunt but the cups are not worn. My skill level is far below lathe ownership still, so it will have to wait to be done right. With the end shake adjusted on the balance though, it is running nicely PU & DU.

7 hours ago, mbwatch said:

The pivots are a bit blunt but the cups are not worn. My skill level is far below lathe ownership still, so it will have to wait to be done right. With the end shake adjusted on the balance though, it is running nicely PU & DU.

How about polishing the pivots?