ETA 2772 Reverser wheel - how is it held together ?

I bought an ETA 2773 and found one of the reverser wheels fell apart  (Additional pawl winding wheel without pinion #1530).

I cannot figure out how it should be held together. There's a groove around the axle - could it be for a teeny weeny 'c' clip?  ( the axle is only 1.6mm long, 0.48mm dia)

It's not easy to find these parts - I've been unable to find a new part in the UK.

WIN_20230926_15_27_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.f07d9f8e2a8ed1dcd402389115ef40e7.jpg

WIN_20230926_15_39_36_Pro.thumb.jpg.7f684e8b2b1f86a8c6dd3dd1db382a55.jpg

WIN_20230926_15_44_58_Pro.jpg.c231824d2e7c4d0a3b796cef533e7b79.jpg

9 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

This any good? As donor?

Possible, I have an ebay search saved for 2772 (and 2770 and other movements using the same part). The part is available on ebay but I haven't seen one from the UK, and the postage from abroad is often as much as the part.

This is a new one for sale on ebay, I cannot see how the top wheel is held on

image.png.5c60d8bfa759d4b3e11b3a0f46497571.png

Edited by mikepilk

1 hour ago, mikepilk said:

Possible, I have an ebay search saved for 2772 (and 2770 and other movements using the same part). The part is available on ebay but I haven't seen one from the UK, and the postage from abroad is often as much as the part.

This is a new one for sale on ebay, I cannot see how the top wheel is held on

image.png.5c60d8bfa759d4b3e11b3a0f46497571.png

Maybe like you said a small circlip allowing them to float separately. Do the 3 wheels and arbor act as 1 piece.

Sorry Mike I haven't worked this one but other pictures of that movement don't show a clip or missing external pieces for the wheel- only the arbor is visible and that's all. Based on the wear marks on the brassy looking wheel is apparent the inner part is meant to move freely between the wheels. Have you tried a test fit what what you have? Perhaps the bridge holds the three pieces together while allowing for appropriate freedom?  

Edited by rehajm

@mikepilk I've just opened up a 2772 from my to do bin and had a look. Sad to say that there are no other parts involved, and it's not meant to come apart. The steel wheel should be a tight fit on the arbor and should not turn independently of the arbor. That being said it may be possible to reassemble if you have a staking set. You may also need to close the hole slightly in the steel wheel in order to get it to stay together and function correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Check this, where HSL tells more.

2 hours ago, mikepilk said:

So it's only the oil keeping the parts together?  Doesn't seem right for this part.

Mike , I don't know the answer, hopefully HSL or Rogart63 will notice your question, I am sure their answer will be great as both are knowledgable horologists.