Musou paint + being cheap = black dial watch

suomaf

My buddy Ed wanted a black dial watch. Since we are not the sort that would be able to afford a thousands of dollars or tens of thousands of dollars watch. We thought to get some Musou paint and try to whack something out. I think it turned out pretty nice.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, suomaf said:

My buddy Ed wanted a black dial watch. Since we are not the sort that would be able to afford a thousands of dollars or tens of thousands of dollars watch. We thought to get some Musou paint and try to whack something out. I think it turned out pretty nice.

I love this idea of customising completely worn out dials, its been in the back of my mind since i started. I've had a tiny artist airbrush waving 🖐 at me every now and then from my ebay watchlist for well over a year now . 🙂

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I love this idea of customising completely worn out dials, its been in the back of my mind since i started. I've had a tiny artist airbrush waving 🖐 at me every now and then from my ebay watchlist for well over a year now . 🙂

I was afraid of the air brush, but since it was Ed's birthday so I thought why not just learn by doing. Now I am thinking of getting glow in the dark paint and air brushing dials to get that lume dial look.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, suomaf said:

I was afraid of the air brush, but since it was Ed's birthday so I thought why not just learn by doing. Now I am thinking of getting glow in the dark paint and air brushing dials to get that lume dial look.

@suomaf recently I have seen people experimenting with Stuart Semples LIT luminescent powders and medium with some success for dials. I don’t know how brightly they luminesc but a hellafa lot cheaper than experimenting with superluminova or being totally dissatisfied with some of the really rubbish lume from Aliexpress.

https://culturehustle.com/collections/glow

Tom