Bulova Accutron 2181 Repair

26 minutes ago, bobtheterrible said:

That is a very interesting idea - do you remember what sort of frame rates the camera was using to achieve antialiasing?

Unfortunately I don't. He was using a Chinese industrial digital microscope. The software was entirely in Chinese. And my Chinese has regressed to nursery school level.¬†ūü§£

30 minutes ago, bobtheterrible said:

My question from this is; what do you do if the index finger travel is out of specification? Is there anything to do or are you looking at replacing the fork?

I'm am working on that and keeping the technique I've developed to myself for the moment.

And as @nickelsilver mentioned in another post, the 218/219 is much easier to phase to a silver oxide battery than the 214. But unfortunately, the Accutron collector community has a preference for the 214, as evident in the prices on eBay.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Y‚Äôall get the Elton John watches you wanted today? ūüėā Sir Elton is gonna be rich‚Ķ
    • Hello guys, i am at a bit of a loss to know where i might find the screws pictured. I understand from Citizen that they are now discontinued. I have considered buying a small lathe to try to make some but as a novice I am uncertain what to even look for. Could someone please tell me if I have not followed protocol correctly as I haven't received a single response. The last couple of years has been a bit tough due to cancer and the last 2 weeks with COVID. Please let me know correct steps for posting so I might learn for future reference. my kindest regards, Rob
    • If you live in the UK then you can take the exams at Upton Hall at BHI head quarters in Nottinghamshire UK. ¬†Since I live in the US, I found an invigilator in my town, approved by the BHI exams supervisor, to manage my exams here locally. ¬†My invigilator will receive the exam material and provide it to me at the appropriate day for the designated amount of time I have to perform the test. ¬† In the higher level courses there are some that you must take at Upton Hall in person (D9, D11, D16, D18 and D20). You can find more information here ¬† https://bhi.co.uk/training-education/examinations/¬† ¬† I still have to decide what level I want to achieve, but know my understanding of horology has greatly improved by the material I have covered thus far in this course. ¬†
    • Yes. I understand (now). I regret to say that I am servicing watches without fulling understanding the cannon pinion function in relation with setting the time¬† (and many other theory aspects of the orology!!!). If is too tight the hands won't move and on the contrary. If the pallet fork is not installed the train of wheels will spin freely and if the remontoir is on the setting position the motion wheels will also move. I will use HP 1300 for the cannon pinion setting. I am happy and grateful and of course I will report back as soon as I can. Thanks¬† ¬†