EB 8170

About to go crazy with my restauration of a EB 8170 since I am unable to get the train of weels to align. I am begining to think that there is some part is either faulty or missing, however they all look fine under the microscope. 

Does anyone know what the problem could be or know where I could find a service manual? Or maybe it’s just to try over and over again util they align and spin freely?

I managed to align them alright but then the escapewheel did not spin freely and the coverplate almost looked bent. I am really confused since it is my first EB restauration and it looks fairly different to the seikos or fhf’s that I’m used to work on. 

Any help is much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Nilbobaggins said:

EB 8170

Always nice if you give us a picture because people might recognize it usually versus numerically or may have worked on something similar and off for some help for that.

It looks like about all of the find is the parts list at the link below. Then if you're confused by the initials that's because watch company brands are usually two or three letters which can translate into other letters used by the watch material houses. For instance the second link does have the EB and translates to the name BETTLACH Which for the purpose the material houses just the first three letters of its name.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=BET_8170

https://calibercorner.com/ebauches-bettlach-caliber-eb-8810/

Now it's interesting about the parts list above is nothing's been discontinued? That doesn't necessarily mean it's available but typically when I look at things there discontinued which implies this is probably something newer. Often times newer translates to know tech sheets although if we get a parts list there probably is a tech sheet someplace may be but I doubt there would be a service guide

Then the parts list came from this website

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

Then based on what I'm seeing these watches are cheap and they were assembled by machinery so machine would put all the gears in place in the plate would fall in place at all the pivots would go in like magic and if you try to put them in yourself anything like this is usually a real pain in the ass at least that's been my experience.

Go on to Dr ranfft's site.

See 🧐       Examples, year: signature; shock system.

it says maney calibs might have came with 8170 designation, google for the pic of each variant, Your watch might very well be 8155 or 8117,.......  but came with  8170 designation.

Diagram to each calib might not have been made available. 

Please make a habbit of taking pix as you disassemble, for your own use and future references on this forum.

Rgds