Orient 46r40

2 hours ago, vivat said:

orient cal 46R40

good and bad of your question? The reason I'm saying that is I looked at this and I thought what the heck is this no pictures but because you didn't give me a picture I did a search for the exact part I quoted up above and it's always amazing what you can find online by doing a search like for instance this. I assume you'll find what you seek their.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

good and bad of your question? The reason I'm saying that is I looked at this and I thought what the heck is this no pictures but because you didn't give me a picture I did a search for the exact part I quoted up above and it's always amazing what you can find online by doing a search like for instance this. I assume you'll find what you seek their.

Anoth

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Another home remodeling problem nipped in the bud for me, thank you. I was just getting attracted to Orient watches, and without this post would have needed a contractor by next week. My propensity for leaping large before I look would have necessitated the building of the Orient wing at my house by now. 

Edited by Galilea
No reason since I was still unable to remove dupe quoted matter

12 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Well, that's the incorrect calibre, I've already searched for 46e40, now I need 46r40. Please be more careful what you say, because these two movement's are totally different. In 46r40 there is a power reserve indication etc. So I asked for an oiling map for this direct movement

52 minutes ago, vivat said:

In 46r40 there is a power reserve indication etc. So I asked for an oiling map for this direct movement

Unfortunately, technical documents for the various Orient movements are difficult to find. Likely, your only approach will be to study other technical documents of Orient movements (like when I serviced the 46E40 calibre) and then use your general experience and knowledge of oiling. If unsure of a particular part or section, take some macro pictures and I'm sure some experienced and generous pros like @JohnR725 will be happy to share their expertise. 

A certain amount of humility is a good way to get professionals to share their knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vivat said:

Please be more careful what you say, because these two movement's are totally different. In 46r40 there is a power reserve indication etc. So I asked for an oiling map for this direct movement

so you suggesting my answer was inappropriate so that I can learn from my mistakes?

3 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

so you suggesting my answer was inappropriate so that I can learn from my mistakes?

For sure, as much as I understood from your answer (English is not my native language) it was rather offensive. Anyways this platform is not for trash talking, so thank you for any answer 

8 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Unfortunately, technical documents for the various Orient movements are difficult to find. Likely, your only approach will be to study other technical documents of Orient movements (like when I serviced the 46E40 calibre) and then use your general experience and knowledge of oiling.

unfortunately technical literature is often extremely difficult to find. For this watch I looked in the usual sources and I can find nothing. this is where you make use of other watches that are similar including other brands or anything you can find because that's all you're going to get.

3 hours ago, vivat said:

For sure, as much as I understood from your answer (English is not my native language) it was rather offensive. Anyways this platform is not for trash talking,

I'm sorry that somehow I've offended you and you feel I talk trash let's solve the problem forever.

If you roll your mouse over somebody's name I suggest you do this for me a image will pop up just like this

image.png.37847a262493198e683470d5bd8459ae.png

you'll notice I circled something if you click that you go to another page it looks like this

image.png.7df705e9c8434cec0387d4c5f404b552.png

the analysis of this discussion is my method of communication conflicts with yours. As I didn't recognize this and I still don't recognize exactly what I've done the easiest solution to this is to avoid these unpleasant situations forever. then yes message boards have these features for these type of situations it solves a problem permanently

• Like 1
  • Haha 1