Ladies Omega stem removal and movement ID

Does anybody know how to remove the stem from this movemet?  It looks like I need to remove the barrel bridge before I get to the release. Without removing the stem it doesn't look like i can get the movement out of the case.   Also, I don't see a caliber or the omega symbol, could someone help with movement identification?

Thanks, Ryan

IMG_8472.jpg

45 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I think it's this or al least the same family.  You can look up the serial number.  I can't tell from the photo if there's any markings under the balance. 

Screenshot_20230606_141241_Chrome.jpg

I removed the balance and under was R13.5SC,  Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RVCustoms said:

I wasn't sure it it was the setting lever screw or just the bridge screw, I'll give it a try

Notice how the screw looks visually different then the plates screws? Then typically this is the location if there was a screw you would find the screw. But I see that I was composing when you already replied but just for future reference use of the school be physically smaller oriole Bidwill different style and usually in the location

R13.5SC

You'll notice up the above link work list and shows the other variations of lists the number you have is the old number system they switch to a new number system so they go to look for parts shall have to use the new system because the old system basically doesn't exist.

In related to your part number I did find your parts list you will note there is no service manual. Typically parts lists exist service manuals do not. At least not on websites that are trying to sell parts. So you'll notice that yours is the 250 for some parts in the base calibers 240.

Then sweep wheel be careful how you remove that ideally should have a sweep wheel removing tool.

1475_Omega 240.pdf 1483_Omega 250.pdf

• Like 1

Update on the Omega.  I was able clean, lubricate, and rewind the mainspring.  The watch is all reassembled.  The movement is running extremely fast now.  I don't have a timegrapher, but its around 15min per hour fast.  I have demagnetized the watch,  which did not have any affect.  Possible balance hairsping issue?

Update on the Omega.  I was able clean, lubricate, and rewind the mainspring.  The watch is all reassembled.  The movement is running extremely fast now.  I don't have a timegrapher, but its around 15min per hour fast.  I have demagnetized the watch,  which did not have any affect.  Possible balance hairsping issue?

Providing the right hairspring is on the balance wheel, running fast means an issue with hairspring which commonly are the spring fouling itself, sticky spring, damaged/ tampered with spring....

Helps if you  show a pic of the coil preferably detached from the cock, or a vid of it as oscilator is running in the watch.

Rgds

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RVCustoms said:

I don't have a timegrapher, but its around 15min per hour fast.  I have demagnetized the watch,  which did not have any affect.  Possible balance hairsping issue?

When you're running that fast the timing machine will just tell us that it's having a problem because you're having a problem. But still timing machines are wonderful for diagnostics.

I see you're up to 10 messages on the message board so I popped over and read your introduction. A lot of times when people need help we will ask questions like what was the watch doing before you service the watch? In other words was it running fast before you disassemble the and now it's running fast or you have no idea it wasn't running at all? Then this is your second watch I believe and little tiny leaders Omega watches or any Omega watch isn't really the best second watch that you should be doing parts are dreadfully expensive and hairspring is on Omega watches tend to be easy to damage. Plus ladies watches present all kinds of interesting challenges.

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Providing the right hairspring is on the balance wheel, running fast means an issue with hairspring which commonly are the spring fouling itself, sticky spring, damaged/ tampered with spring....

Helps if you  show a pic of the coil preferably detached from the cock, or a vid of it as oscilator is running in the watch.

As fast as you're running yes it's definitely an hairspring issue. Then as far as pictures go you did give us one at the beginning and it's a little bit concerning?

image.png.2230635368a870a255df10022cfb67cd.png

So we need a better picture preferably without removing the balance wheel first. Because typically when watches are having issues it's because the balance wheel is in the watch not out of the watch oh and I see your balance wheel has timing screws just make sure you have all of those in place. In other words if there's one on one side there should be one on the other Side they should always come in pairs as of this was a pocket watch that would be the reason to be running faster missing a screw. But I think more than likely if you look in you'll see your hairspring isn't flat or isn't centered or isn't where it's supposed to be.

19 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Do you have a picture of balance complete when you removed the balance.  

Here are pictures of the balance assembly.  Don't know why but the regulator arm decided to come off.  Uuuugh, I may need help with this one.

With the regulator off allowing the spring to have full motion it it still running at 53 seconds per dial minute.

IMG_8564.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg

This picture eleminates just one of all possible causes JohnR listed ie;  NO MISSING BALANCE SCREW.  

Regulator arm is made of spring so it snaps back on easy, best to detach the balance complete from the cock, there are two advantages to doing that. 

1- We can then see hairspring coil to check for concentricity, levelness, flatness.....etc.

2-Lets you  keep the balance complete out of harms way as you try to refit the regulator arm. 

Looks like the hairspring has some issues,  Not concentric to the pivot at all.

I have been looking for a replacement Omega balance complete 250-1327 without any luck. 

I have located a Renata 273 and a Ronda 1846 but I cannot find a catalog to confirm they will work.  The description in the ads for both say 13.5R movement but not the R13.5SC or 250.

IMG_8590.jpg