End mill for removing solder

Mark has a video showing the use of a dial foot soldering machine. He uses a Horotec end mill to remove the excess solder. It appears this only comes in a set that is ~ $200. Does anyone know if this type of tool is available from any other companies, hopefully one that isn't quite so expensive?

end-mill.jpg.0c8f9e360735160cf1f0f7b6b9d15264.jpg

2 hours ago, GuyMontag said:

Mark has a video showing the use of a dial foot soldering machine. He uses a Horotec end mill to remove the excess solder. It appears this only comes in a set that is ~ $200. Does anyone know if this type of tool is available from any other companies, hopefully one that isn't quite so expensive?

end-mill.jpg.0c8f9e360735160cf1f0f7b6b9d15264.jpg

Secondhand pivot cutters on ebay. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GuyMontag said:

Thanks, a quick ebay search looks promising. The tricky part will probably be getting one with a pivot size (and cutting diameter) that works with various sized dial feet diameter.

They usually come in a set of 12 different sizes, the largest are fairly big ( i will get mine out to check sizes when i get up )  Check out the tips thoughly when buying though the small ones are often broken. I picked up a set of 12 for 20 quid a while back, some were broken but i bought anyway for the ones that weren't . 

Screenshot_20230606-043508_eBay.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

4 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Bergeon doesn't make it anymore, but keep your eyes peeled for model 30511 "cutter for cleaning dial feet". It's adjustable and actually does work!

bergeon 30511 with box.jpg

bergeon 30511.jpg

Adjustable, that looks perfect. I'll keep an eye out for one of those.

5 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Bergeon doesn't make it anymore

Yes have you noticed they seem to have less and less and less. But they still have something.

The yes it looks like they are available separately as I remembered purchasing it of a long time ago but so many things from a long time ago no longer exist but this one seems to still exist at least on their website.

https://www.bergeon.swiss/fraise-double-a-ebaver-4-dents-plates-trou-au-centre-o-ext-3-mm-avec-trou-0-65-mm-et-o-ext-4-mm-avec-trou-0-90-mm.html

end mill dial foot.JPG

3057 3058-1.pdf