The Weight Of Lume

DJT2

As a few already are aware, I'm currently in the process of refurbing a 146.012 chronostop. I've sent the dial & hands to be refinished as the condition was quite poor. The dial will be satin black & the hour & min hands stock black & white. The dial & hands will be relumed using superluminova, but my question pertains to the chronostop second hand. Currently the hand is stock white(no lume). I was wondering if i changed this & applied superluminova to the whole hand, would it due to the weight of the lume have an adverse effect on the flyback function & damage the movement.

I'm guessing it would & that's why the hand is extremely light & doesn't have lume as standard.

It would be great to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Even though it would be cool to have a luminuos second i think you should go for as original as possible.

TBH if I would of been able to save the dial, without question I would have kept everything original. But now with the colour change of dial & the suggestion by my dial restorer that it won't look exactly like original. I thought.. Why not make a feature of the chronostop hand & use different lume colour than the dial lume. I've not bought it as an investment, it's more for pleasure. Do you think the weight of lume would harm anything?

TBH if I would of been able to save the dial, without question I would have kept everything original. But now with the colour change of dial & the suggestion by my dial restorer that it won't look exactly like original. I thought.. Why not make a feature of the chronostop hand & use different lume colour than the dial lume. I've not bought it as an investment, it's more for pleasure. Do you think the weight of lume would harm anything?

I can't see any problem with that. On speedmaster as an example. There are both straight hand and hands with a arrow or dot  lume on the end. That must weight more than the straight one . Now problems with that. Go for it. Show us some lume shots when it's done. 

• Like 1

I can't see any problem with that. On speedmaster as an example. There are both straight hand and hands with a arrow or dot lume on the end. That must weight more than the straight one . Now problems with that. Go for it. Show us some lume shots when it's done.

Thanks, will do [emoji1]

• Like 1