Battery leaking Cartier Must

Hello to the community!

I would like to share my problem with you.

I was recently given a cartier tank must Quartz watch.

When I opened it, I found a movement that was completely corroded by the leakage of the battery to the point that it is impossible to set the time or to move the crown.

Do you think it is possible to have it repaired by a watchmaker? Or should I buy a new movement (Cartier Cal.66)

Thanks for your help, here are some pictures, give me your opinion 😉

IMG_5750.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

it looks like a movement isn't quite complete your missing at least one screw? there should be a screw on the other side of the coil that seems to be missing. Then it sounds like the movements been damaged the leaking battery somebody will need spare parts and spare parts are really hard to get. Plus if you look at the cost the movement they're going to be expensive also. Basically this is not an inexpensive watch it's relatively expensive and anything you do is going to be expensive. But if you're lucky maybe the corrosion didn't go everywhere in the watch can be salvaged. But somebody would have to take it apart and see how much damage is been done. Which means the and you probably have to buy another movement to get parts.

Thanks for the reply, indeed that's what I thought and yes it looks like one screw is missing.

I will try to find out the cost of the repair but it doesn't seem to be worth the cost.

Too bad the dial and the hands are in excellent condition.

IMG_5840.JPG