New from Belgium

Hello folks,

My name is Ronn, living in Belgium. I am a young retired soldier who served in the medical services of the Belgian army. I've always been fond of watches and collected a few nice onces.

The technology of watches has always fascinated me and since a few years I started modding vostoks. one day one of those creations stopped working and I decided to open it up and see if I could possibly fix it. During disassembly it turned out that a stone had come loose from the anchor. I got a donor from someone from the Dutch watch forum and after replacing the old anchor the Vostok started ticking happily again. So I got more and more inclined to tinker with watches and try to lubricate them. I bought the necessary basic material and got to work. I've been doing this for a few months now. In the meantime I have successfully cleaned and oiled an Olma secup, a Pontiac, a Dreffa and a Mauthe 612. I came across this forum while doing some research. Then I just became a member. I hope to be able to come here with any questions and to gather the necessary knowledge. I'm really still green behind the ears and know that it will take a huge challenge and time to be able to call myself a 'watchmaker'.
Dismantling and lubricating works quite well, but I won't venture to work on a balance for the time being. Replacing jewels, polishing pivots, balancing axles etc etc is still far from my bed show, but I hope to learn things over time.
I hope you will accept me as a member of this knowledgeable forum.

Regards Ron