Eastern European watch

A colleague of mine has asked me to look at his Father's watch. He was Romanian and bought it back in the 70s so thinks it's probably Russian. It looks pretty complete and likely just needs a clean and service to get it going again but he is sure at one time it had automatic works on top. Can anyone identify the watch or movement?

20230404_172033.jpg

20230404_172047.jpg

20230404_172224.jpg

It looks like a Poljot 2409. The bridge shapes and layout are correct, albeit with a few extra holes. The bit that I'm very curious about is the jewelled hole in between the ratchet wheel and the crown wheel just next to the click. I don't think that is standard Poljot 2409 but everything else matches up. If there are no other distinguishing marks then a pic of the dial side of the movement may help.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

albeit with a few extra holes. The bit that I'm very curious about is the jewelled hole in between the ratchet wheel and the crown wheel just next to the click. I don't think that is standard Poljot 2409 but everything else matches up. 

I guess the jeweld extra hole is for a pivot , whereby a pinion is to transfer power  form self winder to ratchet wheel.

Must be an early automatic version , poljot 2415 must be its   redesigned automatic version.  Just guessing. 

8 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Why is there a cut out in the crown wheel? 

See the picture Endeavor posted.

A pivot ( of the gear in auto winder's module, goes through the cut out to reach a brass/ jewel hole ). 

This must have been a popular watch for it's rugged self winder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

That's it, and it explains the extra holes and jewels too. It's a Poljot 2415A (Rodina) which is missing the entire auto-wind module. Not to be confused with the Poljot 2415 (Orbita) which has a fully integrated autowind rather than a bolt on module. I should have twigged looking at the case back which is designed to accommodate the autowind.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for all the replies - all really helpful 🙂

The extra holes do make sense - as I put in the original post my colleague was convinced it was (once) an automatic. I can post a few more pics when I strip it down if it would be of interest to anyone. 

• Like 1