Hello

TroyS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• There is a tool for this, if you can find one. It's called an Obama Jewel Hole Gauge. It consists of a finely tapered pin which you push into the hole as far as it will go. The pin then pushes back into the body of the instrument until the jewel is against the tip. The hole diameter can then be read off the scale in 0.01mm increments down to 0.05mm. If you could find a suitably fine tapered pin there's no reason why you couldn't improvise by marking where the jewel sits on the taper and then measuring it with a micrometer. In practice though if you are replacing a jewel you could always just measure the pivot that is going to run in it.  
    • From what I’ve seen Rich below 0.1mm aren’t available unless maybe from a Swiss manufacturer I don’t know and I can easily imagine the price for 1 to be more than that whole Aliexpress set 😂🤪 my next thought is that the really small sizes would be more likely found in ladies movements which we do less often? Maybe one of the professional guys we are so lucky to have here can help educate us?   Tom
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 
    • Hello again, I meant to say the movement above was in a Chronosport Atlantis 20 ATM on eBay and wondered if you had the same movement in your watch, all the other Chronosport watches had auto-matic movements....
    • Also been looking at the same ones as Tom 0.1.- 1mm around 55 quid inc shipping. The pivot straightner i have runs from 0.07  -  0.15 in increments of 25 microns.  I guess you could use a balance staff of sizes under 0.1 to make up the remainder of the lower sizes.