Re Lume An Omega Bumpers Hands

Shortly I am dismantling this Bumper to clean and service it.  However, I will have to do something with the hands.  I have studied Mark's vid on the topic and am looking forward to having a go.  my first job is to find a lume that is close to the original. to give an idea here is the current state of affairs:

post-197-0-69495400-1437427165_thumb.jpg

Nearest I can think of is Peach leaning towards light orange. 

I found a product on the bay called Horoloex - Old aged orange that seems to fit the bill. 10ml for £16.00 inc. postage, made in the uk with guaranteed luminosity (which I am not really concerned about). On their pic with no need to darken or lighten the original mix the colour seems pretty damn close to the hands and hour markers, which at this minute I do not intend to touch.

I have read some positive things on other forums especially about the colour, has anyone used this product.  It is in a bottle with the binder.

PS I know that I missed out the M in the heading but have no idea how to correct it without starting over - that aint gonna happen :fpc:

Cheers,

Vic

Edited by Vich

PS I know that I missed out the M in the heading but have no idea how to correct it without starting over - that aint gonna happen :fpc:

Sorted! :)

I look forward to hearing how you get on with the colour matching. I've done a bit of re-luming, but haven't had to match particular colours.

Looks like a nice job there, re luming the hands will be quite easy, but if you havent done any before get some scrap ones just to practice on first, getting the consistency of the lume correct comes with practice, but on the nice slim hands you have there it shouldnt be too much of a problem unlike divers hands where the gap is like the grand canyon as the lume keeps pulling back on itself.

i have two lumes a cheapie from anchor products and the full bergeon kit from cousins both work well.

Hello Ramrod,

The watch believe it or not is fully functional and runs without problem !  I have a new stem ready but think I will look for a gold crown as the silver one on the old stem does not go with the case I have.

and as always thanks for the advice and encouragement folks

post-197-0-02982900-1437471549_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Vic