How to deal with a male winding stem

I bought a batch of pocket watch movements off eBay just to help learn to take them apart.

They were all listed as for parts, non-working.

I noticed that one of the movements, a little 6s Illinois, was actually trying to tick.

I took a closer look at it and I think it can be brought back with just a thorough cleaning.

My problem is that it doesn't have a little square socket for the winding stem to plug in to.

It has a little square shaft coming out.

Looking it up in the database is looks like a Size 6s, Type 141 movement made around 1891.

I would like to get a case for this, but I can't find a case with the right kind of stem.

Any help is appreciated

Illinois Watch Stem.jpg

Lets see it run first,   then these were likely to have been put in stainless steel case too.

Put a bit diesel fuel/ kerosene or any fuel that don't evaporate fast,  on pallets and on a few escape teeth and jewels you have access to, should  run happy then  , might need some wind too.

Good luck pal.

7 hours ago, Stagesmith said:

My problem is that it doesn't have a little square socket for the winding stem to plug in to.

It has a little square shaft coming out.

I've seen the same problem on 18 size watches and as you know you have to have the right kind of case. Usually what you have is a crown with the other part of the stem that goes in the case and it's held in with basically a set screw. Then usually on these kinda watches their lever set soul you need the crown for is winding the watch. Then yes basically anything related to this kind of case style is extremely difficult to find.