Unknown swiss movement

manjo

It's an Adolf Shild (AS) movement, possibly any one of 1816, 1906, 1916, 2066, 2076, 2166, 2176 depending on beat rate  and other complications.

If you look under the balance wheel you will see the AS mark and the caliber number.

• Like 1

Hello Marc

Than you. Yes it is. I checked under the balance wheel. AS 2066 or 2068. My problem, the whole movement an dial is moving around in the case. A spacer ring is installed, but it does not work.

How can I remove the winding stem of the watch?

BG Jonny

Hi there, worked on a few of the movements in this family - they're often used in those 1970's jump hour watches (Damas, Direct Time, etc.)

Pull the stem all the way out to the time setting position and then gently push down on the button (just below the stem in picture 3). There should be a centre divot where the tip of some fine tweezers will go - although I can't see one in the picture. You should then be able to withdraw the winding stem.

Regards, Jonathan

3 hours ago, JonathanB said:

There should be a centre divot where the tip of some fine tweezers will go - although I can't see one in the picture.

This one doesn't appear to have one. Then not all watches want to be in setting when you remove the stem some do some don't if you do it wrong the clutch wheel sometimes will twist themselves and then you have to disassemble the watch.

I've also attached the parts list in case you need it

AS 2066 stem removal.JPG

645_as2060,1,2,6,4,6.pdf

• Like 1

Yes, I couldn't tell whether there was or wasn't a divot / dimple. Thought it might be the photo lighting. I did check an Imado 2066 day/date which I've just got my hands on - and that did have - hence my comment (image below).

Fair point re. Stem position. I'd assumed that disassembly was the plan...was getting ahead of myself!

Regards, Jonathan

4C4723A3-B56D-4188-A80D-5E270AE66614.jpeg

thank you again...

it worked... the movement was "moving" or loose in the watch case. I checked the space ring. Now fits better.

I couldnt figure out how to change the day. It seems i have only 3 position on the tem. 0 = winding, 1= date, 2 = minute

33 minutes ago, manjo said:

i couldnt figure out how to change the day. It seems i have only 3 position on the tem. 0 = winding, 1= date, 2 = minute

Usually if there is no rapid setting for the day you have to run the hands around until you get day set. Then you set the date and then time or you can set the time first in the data doesn't really matter.  the reason you usually don't have a rapid day setting is because usually don't have to run the hands around that much it's not like it says the first any need the 20th that's a lot of turning the hands which is why it that usually has a rapid feature and if it doesn't it's a pain in the ass to run the hands around.

42 minutes ago, manjo said:

I couldnt figure out how to change the day

The crown has 3 positions.

position 1 for winding, position 2 for calendar, and position 3 for time setting.

To change the day put the crown into position 2 and turn anti-clockwise, turning clockwise changes the date.

14 hours ago, Marc said:

To change the day put the crown into position 2 and turn anti-clockwise, turning clockwise changes the date.

I tried turning anti-clockwise but didnt work.... 

may be I broke something? All others functions are working...

14 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Usually if there is no rapid setting for the day you have to run the hands around until you get day set

I will try... i can't imagine this i how it should work. Or I should wait a week to set the time correct? hehe

8 minutes ago, manjo said:

I tried turning anti-clockwise but didnt work

It sounds like there may be something amiss in the keyless or calendar works. I have just checked with a 2066 in my collection and that is definitely how it should work.

An investigation may be in order 🙂

19 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Usually if there is no rapid setting for the day you have to run the hands around until you get day set.

I checked my watch again and you are right. I need to move the minute hands to change the day...

5 hours ago, Marc said:

. I have just checked with a 2066 in my collection and that is definitely how it should work.

thank you for checking. In my case works only by rotate the minute and houer hands... May be they have some different versions and functions.

Thank you again for your helps