Ali Express - Horia clone arrived today

I'd never purchased anything from Ali Express before.  I decided to give it a try and I purchased one of their Horia tool clones.  Well I must say I knew what I was buying when I did it, but I am quite surprised with what I received.  This thing has some weight to it.  The threads feel smooth.  I even took a micrometer and measured some of the pushers and anvils and everything was pretty much where it needed to be, +/-  .001 or so.  I used the tool tonight to remove the upper mainspring barrel arbor bushing in a Seiko 6138 and replaced it with a jewel.  It worked like a charm.  

image.png.f8d9e1f3cc8cc7746e7bcd25bb6cfe55.png

• Like 3

Glad yours worked well and that's what I'm hoping for too.

I have one of those coming (via eBay instead) at the end of this month that I'm looking forward to receiving. This particular import seems to get pretty good reviews.

The worst I've heard is that some of the pushers & anvils occasionally are loose or tight, which doesn't bother me as I will simply nudge them to fit better if necessary.

Edited by Vinito
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

Out of curiosity, how much are they asking?  Got a  link for it?  I may check it out. 

This is the one I purchased.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802886227821.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.19601802Ghdv9F&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

I'm pretty pleased with it.  I have been out sick for a couple of days now, but I got a little energy to get to my bench when this thing arrived on my doorstep.

Edited by thor447
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Purchased that same one.

Tried it out adjusting the pallet fork pivot jewels (both mainplate and cock) of a Seiko 1104A. Back and forth. Removed the pallet cock jewel entirely and put it back. 

Worked perfectly. This Chinese clone is a boon for the hobbyist. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I wish I could get just the anvil set for my Seitz, but it only costs about $10 less than the anvil/pusher set and the tool together.

Crazy pricing.  Had I known beforehand, common sense would've told me to find a cheaper hobby!