Help On New Chrono - Valjoux 7733?

• 1 month later...

Small update on this long lating restoration thread... I was informed today that the part I was waiting for was sent back to France, since "it could not be delivered"... German Post are usually good working people, but lately there are a lot of strikes due to cuts in funding, salary raise denials and who knows what else. Long story short, I was ALWAYS present at the address where the part was supposed to be sent to (my office...) and no postman came knocking on my door (at least with an envelope from France, that is). Feeling quite disappointed... since the envelope was sent back to France on the 24/8, and as of today (4/9) I haven't received no communication whatsoever from the seller.

I just sent him an email, to know what happens next. One thing is sure: I will NOT pay again for the shipping back to me.

Will keep you posted.

Geo, I just received an email from the seller:

"have a look below:
RK000747861FR   Lettre Recommandée Internationale 24/08/2015 FR Arrivée en France 
24/08/2015 Arrivée en France FRANCE 
(FR) 

Détails de l'acheminement
le 21/08/2015 
Tentative de distribution infructueuse  ALLEMAGNE (DE). 
le 07/08/2015 
Arrivée pays de destination ALLEMAGNE (DE). 
le 06/08/2015 
Départ de France  ROISSY COURRIER INTERNATIONAL PIC (93). 
le 04/08/2015 
Pris en charge à NEAUPHLE LE CHATEAU (78).  

so they try to delivery it at you address 07 of august!!
i never received it back for the moment

regards"

That's all....

new reply from the seller... I am starting not to like it:

"so if i understand well,

in Germany they don't even try to delivery but they send back…..ouahhh!!
so who's fault is it if you don't have your parts?

when i will get it, if i get it, i will let you know….for the moment it is in France (where? i don't know)

regards"

My Reply:

"Should I be the one to blame if the German Post did not even try to deliver it to me? I would like to end this story in a friendly manner, so I will wait one more week untill you get the parts back (if you do). In this case, let me know, and then we’ll decide how to proceed, ok?"

Please be advised, all of the forum members, that I am posting the emails text I am exchanging with this particular seller not to bash him, but just to share my experience.

And last email:

"i don't blame you

i just don't understand why they send it back to me….
don't worry my goals is to make my customers happy and i will send you back
if i don't get it back, i will make an enquiry and they have to refund me…. and i will send you your parts"

Now I feel better... Let's see what happens.

Indeed, Geo... Although I am quite p*ssed at the fact that the German post failed even to try to deliver... I know the postman and asked him several times if he had something from France, always to get a no as answer... Only wondering if the seller wrote my name wrong...

Edited by GeorgeClarkson

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I installed the flyback lever and had some trouble with the start/stop pusher.. Basically it didn't go back all the way when pressed, so the split function was not working. After a lot of investigating, I found out that the chronograph plate was slightly bent downwards and had some metal that was touching the lever joint point, impeding correct return. A bit of bending, some filing and it now works 99% of the time. It is still not perfect, but it works.

But then another problem arose: the chronograph works perfectly, but at the turn of the minute, the minute counting wheel is dragged twice by the tooth on the second counting wheel. Basically the wheel that is engaged by the tooth is too close to the seconds counting wheel. I tried to regulate the distance with the corresponding screw as best as I could but I just cannot hit the right spot... What do I need to do for a fail-safe regulation??? Please help!!

Edited by GeorgeClarkson

Hi George, I'm glad you are almost finishing your job with the valjoux 7733.

I would like to help with this final problem you have with the minute counting wheel, but when I reassembled mine it worked fine without any adjustment. Could it be in your case it is little tension in the spring that brakes the minute wheel? Certainly you already have noticed that the tension of  this spring can also be adjusted, changing slightly its position. 

Hi GuiBer, I did notice that small spring, but that is not the problem: the problem is the position of the wheel that engages the minute counter wheel: either it is too far away, so no minute is counted, or too close to the seconds counter, so the small tooth on the seconds wheel engages first one tooth, then another, actually counting 2 minutes.... I have made a small video, but will be able to upload it tomorrow only.

After a bit tinkering and fiddling with the regulation screws, I managed finally to get it right. I had moved inadvertedly the regulating excentric screw of the minute recording jumper (part 8270), the one GuiBer refers to.

I repositioned it so that now the chronograph runner (part 8000) hits perfectly only 1 tooth on the sliding gear (part 8100).

The movement is now complete and working perfectly. Finally... :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

I am uploading the video and will post it ASAP.

Edited by GeorgeClarkson
  • Like 1