Help On New Chrono - Valjoux 7733?

I bought recently this Gigandet Chrono with an advertised Landeron 248 movement - only to look way too much as a Valjoux 7733.... the classic case of wrong name made from the seller... Anyway, the thing is, as I have no experience on Valjoux movements as of yet, I am quite in the dark in recognizing the proper model type, especially based from the seller blurry pictures...

This is the picture that came with the auction:

1_reduced.jpg

An educated guess is that it is a Valjoux 7733, but I am not really sure, since the model no. is not clearly visible from the picture. I will receive this movement in a couple of days, so the mystery will solve itself quickly. The problem I have, is that I want to restore this movement and put it inside a nice case. But as I said, I have no clue where to start with. Could someone of you experts point to a manual I can download?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Geo. Can you confirm it is a Valjoux 7733 then? The dial, btw, says Gigandet... I coulnd't find much about Gigandet + Valjoux, honestly...

This is the dial looks:

3_reduced.jpg

I did find similar watches, but all have the 45 minute chronograph dial...

• 2 weeks later...

And finally, after more than two weeks, due to a strike by the post workers, I got my movement, and I do confirm it is a Valjoux 7733. The condition is great, it started ticking after I gave the crown some turns, but there are some issues with it, obviously...

1. I only have the chrono start pusher., The other pusher is missing
  2. The dial is in very good condition, apart from being a bit crooked and presenting a large crack at 8:30, which led to some staining of the dial
  3. The acrylic glass has some scratches, but nothing that can't be removed.
  4. The hands are misaligned a bit, that that is no real problem...
  5. I am missing now a proper case, but this I knew already :D

What I did notice, though, is that probably there is something wrong with the second pusher, apart the fact that it is missing, of course. There is only a small metallic spring where there should be a lever of some sorts... I am not acquainted with the Valjoux movement, so I need to study the manual first in order to be sure.

More to come...

As I suspected, the Fly-Back Lever is missing, and it's screw broke inside te plate... I managed to take some pics, and to remove the screw. 

gigandet-3.jpg

As you can see, part of the screw is still inside, on.ly the head broke. I was still able to remove it safely...

I don't think so George, but I may be wrong. The Poljot 3133 is virtually the same, but not identical, although the part you require may be the same. The problem is Poljot 3133 parts are very hard to come by.

• Like 1

Hi Geo,

Yes it is  indeed a good find, and I already placed the order and made the payment, but the shop only reopens on the 2nd of August. The shop looks weird, though, there are a lot of errors and the invoice I received is almost unreadable. Wish me luck!