New user….

Hello everyone, new member here. I'm a life long mechanic, started inspecting cars at 14 for a friend who had a shop in Pa. Broke my neck at 16 so I started fixing lawnmowers and by 2000 opened my own business and ran it until 2016 when a infected kidney stone caused me to shut down.

I've always been interested in time pieces and needing a way to earn money and that I can do...Tada, watch and clock repair. Why not, I already have a good head start both in mechanical knowledge and tooling so I might as well have some fun working on interesting things and make some money as well. 

I'm currently on level 2 of the watch repair course so when my practice watches get here, I will start working along with the lessons so general procedures will become familiar to me.

I'm thinking about doing a YouTube live stream on my 1st complete disassembly and rebuild.

Well in short that's how I wound up here and looking forward to getting to know a lot of good people.

jrrdw.