Full bridge balance install

Kinda new to this but have managed to at least get a Waltham pocket watch serviced and running... however, my latest project an Elgin Grade 336 Model 5 has one of those balances that sits over the bridge and drops into a recess.

I'm struggling to get this installed and cant find a lot of info on the correct method / procedure / order of operations to get it placed.  

Can anyone lend advice and/or point me at a video that explains how.

thx in advance

On 12/10/2022 at 11:32 PM, Paulj said:

I'm struggling to get this installed and cant find a lot of info on the correct method / procedure / order of operations to get it placed. 

The balance wheels easy the pallet fork isn't that you're not asking about the pallet fork. Then in the second posting you have a picture of the balance in place so I'm confused over what the problem is? Then like any balance wheel just remember to put the roller jewel in the right side so it will engage with the fork.

Lower the balance so impulse jewel is in the right side of the fork( as said) , then place the cock / cock screw,  do not fully tighten the screw ( you are alright as long as no part is forced and hairspring coil is lowered without accident)  grab the balance rim in you tweezres to  slide the pivots in jewel holes, you will  feel  pivots falling  in jewel holes.

Good luck