Citizen At Skyhawk Needs Crystal And Battery

I have been looking for a place to buy. and there is a stong debate on mineral crystal versus sapphire crystal replacement and I'm leaning towards mineral as the price for a sapphire is expensive im shocked to see it came with mineral, their saying sapphire is Easyer to crack

image_43.jpg

Looks like I need the hand as well

There is a battery/cap that fits a Casio Panasonic CTL920 CTL920F Battery Casio G-Shock Edifice Wave Ceptor Tough Solar

Was looking to see if it fits mine is CTL920F//295-7580. They want $30 to $50 for these don't see the crystal anywhere

Sapphire if you can. I work in the building trade - within a year I had to replace a hardex (mineral) crystal on my Seiko 5M63-0AD0 due to scratches. Then I bought an old Seiko 7N36-6A40 with sapphire crystal (see here http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/987-worlds-toughest-watch/ ) after 2.5 years of serious abuse it still looks as good as new.

Their is a big difference in resistance to scratches. The sapphire crystal is much harder to scratch and break . Cousinsuk has in different sizes and cheaper then original .

Sapphire crystals have a Mohs rating of 9 so its very resistant to scratches but I've read that by its very nature it is more prone to shattering when involved in an impact than mineral glass is.

Anyone else read similar?

That's what I also heard, but I like the sapphire, is there a size I can find in the manual, trying to get this and another e812 the sapphire crystals

Ok the back of the second one is e812-s043441 hst 750356 WR208 g-n-4-5

The sky hawk A-T is not here yet

According to this, the crystal you need is 33.3mm diameter and 4mm thick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311348514096?_mwBanner=1

IF that's correct, then I would approach someone like

http://www.tiptopcrystals.com/

OR

http://www.crystalfit.com/crystalshapes.html

and see what they have to offer.

You could always CAREFULLY remove the existing crystal and measure it [emoji6]

Edited by ro63rto

Nice I got the e812 fast but the capacitor was in France that's going to take awhile, the

fy005-50e has not arrived but before I get the cap I think if it's less than 10 years I'll try to revive it in the sun for a bit.

Can't find that second hand, will I have to call citizen. It will get me crazy if I leave it bent. Like to get a saphier crystal for this. Paid $100 and it seems to work fine, only thing is the c650 chrono is digital not analog. Hate that

Can't find that second hand, will I have to call citizen. It will get me crazy if I leave it bent. Like to get a saphier crystal for this. Paid $100 and it seems to work fine, only thing is the c650 chrono is digital not analog. Hate that

I rather like the ana/digi look of my Wingman. Only paid ~£25 for it.

20140929_142639.jpg

Have you tried entering the details on Boley site to get part numbers?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all- Ken, I'd be very interested to know if you managed to source a Sapphire crystal for your Skyhawk, as I've so far failed to track one down. I have the titanium version, and dearly love it (it was a surprise present from the wife), but the mineral crystal is so prone to scratches that I tend use my AT4008-51E instead- the sapphire on that model is incredibly durable, there's literally not a mark on it.

Mine also needs a service and a new bezel, so it's the ideal opportunity.

I'm in the UK, so if you need me to go digging around suppliers here, just point me in the direction and I'll do the rest- I can easily source two and get one sent to you.