Attach Hairspring

Hi,

I've got a Sekonda/Raketa 2609 HA with the hairspring detached from the cock and would like some advice on how these are attached, and how I should deal with it. As you can (hopefully!) see from the photos the hairspring appears to slot into a groove where it is held by some substance (also held by the screw?). To my inexperienced eyes this substance, which can be seen both in the slot in the stud and the end of the hairspring, has the appearance and texture of some kind of wax rather than shellac. Anybody know about this, and how I should proceed? Thanks

Stephen

post-373-0-50247200-1435390246_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-10733300-1435390267_thumb.jpg

It looks like some sort of glue. I think cleaning of the old to start with, be very careful not to bend the hairspring. Position the hair spring in the correct place and a little glue should do the trick. You right in saying its not shellac that always had a brownish colour.  

• Like 1

Looks like some sort of bodge with glue (could be epoxy) to get the hairspring to attach to the end stud instead of using a pin. You will probably have to do likewise because removing the old glue from the hairspring could be risky. 

• Like 1