Sourcing Mainspring Problem Please HELP

Hello, I've been working on an old Pobeda watch and I need to replace the mainspring I don't have a mainspring winder so I'll need one in one of the plastic things so I can just pop it right into the barrel. So I've looked in Cousinsuk and they don't have what I need my dimensions are 1.5mm Height 0.10 Thickness 320mm Length and 10.5 Barrel Diameter. It's a non automatic Double Brace (I think I'm not sure I've put a picture down below correct me if I'm wrong). My current options are buy a donor movement for around 50 dollars (don't want to do that because I want a higher quality material because this watch is very old) Then I could buy a mainspring from Otto Frei but it's absolutely absurd as the shipping alone costs 66 dollars and the mainspring costs 20 dollars. Maybe you guys could help me out with this maybe i can step down in height or something, I don't know.

Thanks in advance

306300350_3232023040387003_5430424099271402054_n.thumb.jpg.e4447f719900e8891353a150e43660c5.jpg

Edited by TadasJ

• TadasJ changed the title to Sourcing Mainspring Problem Please HELP

For that thickness and barrel diameter you can go with a longer spring no problem. Cousins has a 1.50 x 0.10 x 400 with T end GR 4127T, but the retainer ring is 11mm. They also have a 1.45 x 0.10 x 340 T end GR 3955T with a 9.5mm retainer. The tiny reduction in height will have no effect on the running. I think the longer spring is the better one, but with no winder best to get one that will fit in from the retainer ring.

45 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

I'm not clear on the difference between the DB end and the DBH end.  But if the DBH is suitable (or the end can be tweaked), the following spring will fit nicely :

image.png.359420ff1725bdaf06911807d4b136c3.png

image.thumb.png.b46303ef3e9103058c95b41015e64ff3.png

42 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

Ah yes- the one Mike shows is even better- and the fact that it has a hole as well as the T makes no difference.

I can't take it out as I don't have a mainspring winder so I don't know what the procedure would be to cut if I understood correctly.

Thanks

Edited by TadasJ