Gentlemens Early Omega Help :(

Yes folks im back ( ohhhh nooooooo ) :)

I have acquired a nice but rather old and beaten Omega wristwatch with yet another shrunk down pocket watch caliber. The watch was non functional and rusted all over, which i have now of course stripped, cleaned, lubricated and assembled. The watch runs but as you can see from the photos below the original stem has snapped in half, i do have a spare which fits and runs perfectly but the crown now stands out a mile from the case when fitted. There is room on the new stem for a new thread or tap to be cut in and a suitable new crown to be fitted, the issue i have is what do i need to do to create a new thread ? There is one more issue i have as well.

So i have a few questions if any can be answered id be a happy sailor :)

Anyone know which caliber this is ( so i may possibly locate a new stem instead of butchering the only spare i have ), the movement is 29.50 outer rim and 27.50mm inner bridge width ?

What tools and or procedures do i need to create a new thread on the stem ?

The hairspring is in good condition but is not flat and is lifted up at one side sort of like this / , Ive taken one kink out already but the lifted side is causing timing to be really fast ?

DSC02130_zpsjwiymalb.jpg

DSC02131_zpsz29mqobj.jpg

DSC02132_zpsshpn3ubf.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated as always :D

You will need a watchmakers lathe and a die the correct size to cut a new thread. The other thing you will probably have to do is anneal the stem before cutting the new thread, then harden and temper if afterwards.

You will need a watchmakers lathe and a die the correct size to cut a new thread. The other thing you will probably have to do is anneal the stem before cutting the new thread, then harden and temper if afterwards.

Oh bugger :(

Any recommended watchmakers that you know of who can do such work ?