Dial Feet Omega Automatic

ken

I have two omega watches in need, at some point the dials just started moving, (after I touched it) strange I know, both feed both dials, I'm sure that's not the only problems, thing the day settings got a wee wet, I see some degradation (it's rusty) don't think I can do this at home but my question is cost to remount the feet. I know that it can be done like when the tabs of battery's are zapped to the tops, but who does this is it expensive, or should I just get a replacement dial, there like $60 - $100

I believe it's using an electric charge to perform the soldering, it's called resistance soldering, I think,

Traditional soldering irons use a heated metal tip to melt solder into electrical joints. This concept works great, but it can have some drawbacks. If the iron is too large or powerful, it can easily overheat the joint and destroy the board or components being soldered.

Its also somewhat dangerous to have a chunk of metal sitting around at a flaming 250-400+ degrees. People can burn themselves, and sometimes others, like that one time in my basement. And once in the garage. And maybe a few times in the attic. Not that anyone can prove anything.

The science behind the Cold Heat concept for soldering is not magic. Its not alien technology. Its not even that mysterious. The scientific principles behind the tool have been used in everything from light bulbs to space heaters to building cars. It's all about the resistance. Check out this link

http://rrmodelcraftsman.com/toolchest/cm_craftsmantoolchest_05.php

Years ago you could buy a dial feet kit. It had assorted sizes of dial feet and a type of glue. Never used such a thing. It might be a cheap way of repair. The problem I can see is this. Getting rid of the old broken feet, some sort of filing I suppose but this will mark the underneath of the dial. Also making sure you have them in the correct places. I had accounts with Southern Watch & Clock Suppliers from Orpington Kent and Mahoney Associates Bristol, This would be back in the 80's don't know if they are still going.