Intro

Stu442

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I've been contemplating getting one of these for some time now, after working on a few spring loaded centre seconds pinion movements. It's not an absolutely necessary tool to have, hence the procrastination.  Then it hit me, all I need is a flat base with a screw in it. So I scrounged around for something suitable and ended up with this. This is some rubber thingy that is  supposed to stop furniture with casters from moving around. In fact, any flat material with sufficient thickness to hold the screw in the centre would do.  
    • I think your axes are mislabelled here. They need switching around. 
    • @clockboy Thank you for the response.
    • @Knebo Thank you for the detailed response and reminding me. I went back and introduced myself. That's really good information, for 15xx it should be similar. Will dig deeper into that.   Yes I mean that. Attaching some pictures. New to shooting through a loupe so pardon the quality. I don't quite get the strength point, could you elaborate? Seeing the punch used for the job, it should limit the highest point of the metal being pushed, Maybe a worn out punch?       I haven't checked the axle will do that, but thee watchmaker told me that the 9'o clock side has been over-polished and the caseback is sinking on that side which is causing the issue. Armed with this knowledge, I will investigate both. The Picture would certainly suggest that plus the Intense pitting (wrist perfuming habit of my family) might be contributing to how the caseback fits.      Thank you again, I have made a checklist and will be investigating all the points you mentioned.   Rolex told me that they will replace the dial and bracelet so I didn't go that route. Its an independent watchmaker, and a very well reputed one in online and offline collector circles. I have seen his work and got work done from him before, this is the first time something like this is coming up. Maybe he is getting lazy in sourcing good parts. lol.
    • 😞 I hate the heat, i work outside in winter in a t shirt .