I turned 40 two days ago..

..and decided it was time for a new hobby! (or is it mid-life crisis?) 🙂

Hi,

I'm Adam. Having spent the past few years watching various amazing people on youtube repairing mechanical watches, I thought it was time to start giving it a go myself!

So in the lead-up to my birthday, i did weeks of research into exactly what i'd need to start out, and filled my entire birthday list with things that none of my family could recognise (questions like; "why are you asking for mini condoms?!", "what is this expensive bluetac?!" and "what do you want sticks for?!") 😂

I now have quite an extensive set of tool at my disposal (all the gear and no idea!) and i've literally tonight just successfully disassembled my first pocket watch! (and lost my first screw in the process!!) 😄

As i'm already building up quite a list of questions in my mind, i thought it would be a good time to sign up to this forum (as it's been an excellent source of info so far during my research) and introduce myself.. 🙂

Looking forward to sharing and learning much more from you guys.

All the best,
Adam.

Edited by Adamantium

7 minutes ago, Adamantium said:

and lost my first screw in the process!

Welcome to the forum and to our exclusive club of screw losers 🙂 (most here are no longer members of the Lost Another Screw Club but it's possible that we all have a few loose ones).

Here's a good, animated web page to look at as well as a short, seven minute video that might be of interest.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Welcome to the forum and to our exclusive club of screw losers 🙂 (most here are no longer members of the Lost Another Screw Club but it's possible that we all have a few loose ones).

Here's a good, animated web page to look at as well as a short, seven minute video that might be of interest.

I thought we were named The Ping Club? Life member here...

welcome aboard!

• Haha 1

Hello and welcome to the forum.   I reckon we all have a lost screw or we wouldnt be indulging in this absorbing ,frustrating expensive hobby.  Dont be put off its fun really   Attached a document for your interest. Its on a wrist watch but just the same notation as pocket watches           (hello Mike)

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf