Hello from Tasmania, Australia

ric1950

I am pleased to have found your forum. It seems very friendly.

I am totally new to watchmaking after stumbling on a Youtube video of a watch restoration, and then another and another . . .

I am enthralled with the mechanical workings of watches and want to learn how to do repairs and servicing so hope I can get some help and guidance here. So thanks in advance for any help that comes my way.

Ric

Hi Ric, welcome to the WRT forums!

You might enjoy a visit here to improve your knowledge of a working mechanical watch. The site is full of very good animations.

You might also be interested in Mark's online course that you can find here.

Enjoy!

- Gary

Thanks for your welcome, Gary. I have been looking at the sites you included. I was fascinated by the first one - even though I had a basic knowledge of how a watch worked I have learned so much from it. As for Mark's course I will probably pass on that and put my money into tools instead. It is tempting to enrol but I feel I will only need help at specific times which was one of the reasons I joined up to this forum. I would love to have a teacher/mentor but they are hard to come by.

Thanks again to everyone who gives their time and knowledge to people like me. I hope I will be able to do the same in the future.