Hello! New Member From Oklahoma

thor447

Good day to everyone.  I just wanted to first introduce myself here.  I am a new member from Oklahoma.  I am slowing piecing together tools and just dipping my feet into learning watch repair.  I've always been a pretty handy person, and enjoy the process of fixing things.  Mechanical watches have always intrigued me.  The genius of their design to track time through a completely mechanical process is fascinating.  On top of that, the precision of the parts and skill of a good watchmaker have always impressed me.  I began collecting watches, and as the collection grew from the more affordable quartz watches, to in the past few years (as my budget has allowed) more automatics and a few 'luxury' timepieces the reality of needing to service those watches has given me the 'excuse' to invest time and money into learning this new skill.  I obviously am not planning on servicing any of my more complicated movements, such as my Omega Co-Axial watches, but I figure that the watches in the collection with Seiko, ETA, etc. movements are definitely on the table for me to service myself when the time comes.  I have been trying to learn as much as I can, and am buying the basic watchmaking tools, lubricants, etc. to get started.  I'm also now looking for a few watches on eBay, Facebook, etc. that I can use as movements to begin my learning journey.  Lastly, I am signing up for Mark Lovick's online courses on WatchFix.com.  I've been referred to him I think that it will be money well spent to have that amount of learning material available to view and reference back to as my journey begins.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Part of me is hoping that at some point I'll feel comfortable servicing my Zenith Elite HW. LVMH doesn't seem very interested in undertaking the task (at least not to the degree that IWC was when it was time to have the Spitfire serviced).

We'll be interested in your progress!